Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fasting

I told my mother while she was away I was going to fast. She looked at me as if I was crazy. I knew what she was thinking, I'm skin and bones enough as it is, why would I need to fast? When I said I was going to fast I didn't know what I meant, the words just popped out, but I knew they meant something.

For the last two weeks I've been on a fast. No, I haven't been starving myself. I have been fasting from the news. I've been living in a reality where I only watch stuff I enjoy such as sci-fi series or been in meditation. I haven't been on the Internet much either. Has my life changed without the news? Nope. Am I a better person? Nope. I am the same peaceful Enocia.

Fasting from the news and other media is like choosing not to read a book many people are raving on about; or staying away from a film everyone is going crazy about.

Fasting is good. It shows me that no matter what is going on I am always the same. So I can take stuff or leave stuff; same difference.

I'm starving. I wonder what's going on in the world? (grin)

Enocia