Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I Have All the Time in the World

What is the difference between moving at infinite speed and staying still?

Well...er...no difference.

Why?

Because there is no difference.

Explain.

OK. Say, you're moving from London to New York and back again to London at infinite speed. You are moving so fast an observer wouldn't notice you've been to New York and back again. The observer will think you haven't moved from the spot, which is the same as standing still.

On my walk just now I realised I was walking very fast so I slowed down; or rather, I let Intelligence move my body. When it came to crossing the road, I felt the old "flight" urge but I let the body move and I found I had lots of time to cross the road. It was as if the approaching traffic came to a standstill and let me cross over in my own time.

My body has got so used to the rush, rush, rush of modern living which is a constant awareness of time. As I type this I am aware of letting my fingers type without needing to speed up. Part of me wants to make things happen really fast because "time is money" but I'm letting things happen.

I'm now aligning my body to my real rhythm which is stillness.

In stillness, I am Master of time: "For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day." (Matthew 12: 8)

In stillness I have all the time in the world.

Lots of love,
Enocia