Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lucid Dreaming - An Alternative View

I used to understand lucid dreaming as when one is aware one is dreaming. I have had those dreams but they are few and far between. Most of the time when I dream, it feels like it is my only reality at the time; I have no awareness of my life in the plane where my body is asleep. There is another way of looking at lucid dreaming.

I have observed lately that in my dreams I am always the same.

In last night's dream I was in a situation where I was being pursued but I wasn't scared because I was aware of myself as Spirit, and that I am always safe in Love. I was extremely calm. I soon woke up out of that dream.

I went back to sleep and in another dream I saw some old friends I haven't seen in years. I spoke to them from the self that I know myself to be now and forever.

It doesn't matter to me whether I am aware I am dreaming or not, it is more important that I am the same no matter what I am dreaming. For me, lucid dreaming is being my real self no matter where I am. When I am my real self, the illusion either dissolves into nothing or it changes into a dream I prefer.

Love always,
Enocia