Saturday, October 29, 2005

What is Infinity?

Can't touch this
Can't touch this (oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh)
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
Feels good when you know you're down
A super dope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch
I told you homeboy can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know can't touch this
Look in my eyes man can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics
MC Hammer

I've been thinking about what infinity really means.

Does infinity mean

Never-ending?
Ever expanding?
Unlimited?

Is infinity something that stays the same no matter what?

Let's look at an example of Infinity as Infinite Joy, as in this blog's title. By this I mean never-ending, ever expanding (increasing), and unlimited joy.

We tend to think of forms as expanding, what about the reverse? Since nothing ever ceases to exist, a form can get smaller and smaller; ever decreasing and never-ending.

There is Infinity in an abstract sense. Thus, Infinite Joy stays the same no matter what.

Does this mean Infinity as something that is expanding or decreasing is experiential, while Infinity as an abstract concept stays the same whether one has the experience or not?

Hmmm! Good question.

The concept of unlimited expansion or contraction has to be a human concept not that of the One/Source.

I see the One as Infinity in the abstract sense as being the same no matter what. This challenges the notion that the One needs everyone to experience life. Love is Love no matter what we do, think or believe.

It is wonderfully freeing to realise that no matter how many experiences you have had, you "can't touch this." There is always Infinity waiting to be experienced in every moment.

Infinity is the One.
The One is the same forever.

Enocia

See: Mc Hammer - Can't Touch This video