Saturday, October 22, 2005

Wow! It's Magic!

While I've been browsing the Internet, I've been chatting to a young boy, aged 8, sitting beside me who is playing games on the Internet. He is mad about WWE wrestling. He asks me if I watch it. I tell him I have watched a few and name the Rock as someone I've seen. My young friend asks me if I am into karate. I tell him I don't practise Karate but I have watched Bruce Lee films. We also chat about the film, Spider Man, which I only saw last week. My friend shows me some of his favourite computer games on the Internet.

It's my turn to show him how clever I am at touch typing. I ask him to think of any word and I am going to type it without looking at the keyboard. Just to make it more impressive, I look away from the screen while typing.

"How did you do that?" he says.
"It's easy."
"Do it again," he says.

He gives me different words, some easy, some difficult, and I type them all without looking at the keyboard. You should see his eyes. He thinks it's magic. I tell him one day he'll be able to do it.

"Do you swim?" I ask him.
"Yes."
"Well, touch-typing is like swimming. You don't think about it, you just do it."

Says she who doesn't swim but can doggie-paddle. Oh well, he gets the picture anyway.

It's funny how I think it's magical for an eight year old to be so familiar with computers. When I was eight, I couldn't even imagine one let alone. It's all magic!

This magician is about to turn herself into a cloud of smoke.

Poof! I'm gone!

Enocia