Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Acceptance

One thing I know is that you can't force people to change to meet your expectations. The best you can do is to accept them and love them for who they are. After all, we are all the Infinite One in manifestation.

I have learned to accept my mother for who she is. She is not interested in my ways. She sometimes listens to my ideas just to humour me and then she's back doing her own thing, which is cool.

At the same time, my mother now accepts me for who I am. She knows not to impose her ways on me. She has now accepted that I am one of those people who will eat anything and stay the same; and I will go for years and still look ageless; and I certainly don't do medication.

Anyway, the other day she asked me to buy some toilet tissues as we were running low. I realised too late that the tissues I bought were scented. I guess the manufacturers realised there was an untapped market of scented tissues waiting to be exploited. They may have a point there; it's best to be prepared, you never know when someone will want to have a sniff of your backside, I suppose. I said to mum that I should have bought the unscented as these ones might be unpalatable as I love snacking on tissue paper.

Mum said, "You'd better have some of the unscented one then before it finishes."

This made me laugh. "Mum, it's good to see you've finally come to terms with my madness."

"Well, what else can I do?" she said. "I can't change you. If you can't beat them, join them."

Yippee! Someone's finally accepted that one can eat tissue paper and still be healthy.

I reckon the scented tissue paper will taste OK. If I can eat pilau rice which has been fragranced with cinnamon and saffron, scented toilet tissue is a piece of piss.*

Acceptance is allowing your loved one to chew on the cud if that makes her happy.

With love,
Enocia

* Piece of piss = easy