Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Game of Politics

I never write about politics. Do you ever wonder why I don't? Underlying politics is pluralism as in many factions and beliefs make up a society. Politics is like the Gary Glitter song, I am the Leader of the Gang (I am):

D'you wanna be in my gang , my gang, my gang, D'you wanna be in my gang, Oh Yeah
D'you wanna be in my gang , my gang, my gang, D'you wanna be in my gang
I'm the leader, I'm the leader, I'm the leader of the gang I am
I'm the leader, I'm the leader, Well there's no one like the man I am
Where there are different parties there are opposing views. All parties strive to do the best for their supporters. What does this mean? In the UK, an MP (Member of Parliament) has to represent his constituency. Each constituency has its own needs, or so they've been dreamed up, otherwise there wouldn't be the need for different MPs. When MPs become members of the Cabinet they have to represent both their constituencies and the needs of the nation. The prime minister has to put his nation's needs first while trying to juggle the needs of his people versus the needs of humanity. And so the divisions and hierarchy continues.

On the other hand, in the One there are no hierarchies and no divisions. All is One. Does the One support politicians and governments? How could He when the One is in all? Surely there are leaders of various religions who advise politicians on moral issue? How many religious leaders are God-realised? If they were they wouldn't be leaders of a religion. They would realise that there is only God? A leader of a government and a leader of a religion are two sides of the same coin: both represent hierarchies. There are no hierarchies in the One.

The way I see it, politics is a game. It's not one I choose to play because it is meaningless. There are some games I am still playing which are tools in being Self.

I am playing the game of a human family insofar as it is where I was incarnated.
I am playing the game of a woman insofar as I love wearing makeup and I love my body.
I am playing the game of a heterosexual insofar as I have had intimate relationships with men.
I am playing the game of blackness insofar as I appear in a black body.
I am playing the game of a writer insofar as I write stories.
I am playing the game of friendships insofar as I see everyone as my friend.
I am playing the game of a Brit insofar as I was born in London and I live in London, I drink tea, and speak with a British accent.
I am playing the game of the media insofar as I use the Internet to express myself, I enjoy watching television and I love books.

I am not playing the game of politics as there is only One in all.
I am not playing the games of race as in associating myself with groups purely because of my skin colour; there is only One in all.
I am not playing the game of religion as in aligning myself with a group as I know there is only One and the One is my salvation.
I am not playing the game of medicine or nutrition as I know there is only the One and the One is life.
I am not playing the game of human beliefs as I trust only in the One.

That's enough politics for one day.

I am not a game, I am Love.

Enocia