Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What is Spirit?

I have written elsewhere that life's purpose is to demonstrate that life is Spirit.

What is Spirit? The best way to describe it is through experience. When I practise meditation or I am sitting in silence, I lose all sense of physicality, I feel like empty space, yet that space has a sense of buoyancy as if I'm rocking back and forth. This is what I consider to be Spirit. I find it is no longer necessary to be in silence or meditate to experience Spirit, all I have to do is intend it. I simply know that I am Spirit and then experience life as Spirit.

For instance, I wake up in the middle of the night to have a pee. Sometimes I get up but 8 times out of 10, I don't. Do I lie there and suppress the urge? That's too much like hard work. I intend that I am Spirit. Don't ask me how it happens, but I lose all sense of physicality, which removes the urge to have a wee. I either stay in that state or I return to sleep. The moment I wake up and I think of myself or the world as physical I'm rushing to the toilet to have a pee.

When I'm tuned into the Spirit channel, I don't think about food or drink. I lose all sense of having a body. I feel as light as air. I am working without thought. I could be experiencing life as Spirit and walking down the road but people will see me in the same way. We might even have a conversation. Thus, being Spirit is not a matter (no pun intended) of disappearing from the earth and living in another realm, it is simply about realising life is Spirit now.

Life is Spirit.


Enocia