Tuesday, November 29, 2005

What's It All About?

What's it all about, Alfie?
Is it just for the moment we live?
What's it all about when you sort it out, Alfie?
Are we meant to take more than we give
or are we meant to be kind?
And if only fools are kind, Alfie,
then I guess it's wise to be cruel.
And if life belongs only to the strong, Alfie,
what will you lend on an old golden rule?
As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Alfie,
I know there's something much more,
something even non-believers can believe in.
I believe in love, Alfie.
Without true love we just exist, Alfie.
Until you find the love you've missed you're nothing, Alfie.
When you walk let your heart lead the way
and you'll find love any day, Alfie, Alfie. What's it all about, Alfie?
Imagine if you had a genie who could meet all your needs in an instant without needing to know the how, would you let the genie do the work or would you try to figure things out for yourself?

Isn't life like that? There is an "Intelligence" who does stuff. You can wrack your brain for ages and you will never really know how things happen.

A few days ago I was engrossed reading a friend's blog which I think is wonderful. I was fast running out of time on the Internet and needed the time extended. What happened? The time extended automatically. How did this happen? I don't know!

Part of a friend's comment in response to the article, What is Intelligence? was:

"The highest wisdom of all may be realizing that we aren't as smart as we think we are." jmarc
Too right.

Nuff said.

Enocia