Wednesday, December 14, 2005

As Easy as Anything

If you could ask for anything what would it be?

Would you ask for wisdom, power, love, money, beauty, peace, perfection, joy?

I would ask for lots of make-up, moisturising cream, clothes, a brand new series of Sex and the City, and my very own chocolate factory.

OK, if I was really pushed I would add that I want to be all that God is.

Besides, the question of being God is a redundant one because there is nothing but God. So I would ask to know what God is.

At the risk of sounding trite, let me quote that passage from the scriptures again:

"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46: 10)
Being still is the simplest way to be all that God is.

We have already got the silence or stillness within. To be silent we must have no thoughts.

Unconditional love is as easy as pie when you are in silence. You cannot judge someone when you are not thinking.

Having peace is as easy as abc when you are in silence. You cannot fret over something when you are not thinking?

When you are in the presence of someone who is in silence, you feel a presence which one could describe as love or peace. The silence is simply a space of no thoughts. Where there are no thoughts you are not drawn into putting experiences into categories; you are not drawn into concepts; you are simply being the no thing.

See, being God is as easy as anything.

Enocia