Monday, December 05, 2005

Guilt Complex

I complimented a woman yesterday on her beautiful jacket.

"It looks lovely and warm," I said.
"Thank you," she smiled. "By the way, it's not real."
"I don't care!" I said.

Who cares if the fur is real or fake? If I'm going to judge someone for wearing fur then I'm going to have to judge myself for wearing leather, having leather handbags, eating meat etc. I'm not into the human guilt trip.

I have to say my brief dalliance with vegetarianism caused me nothing but grief. I was always checking to see whether I had the right supplements or whether I should be eating this or that, not forgetting trying to make meat-eaters feel guilty. Now I am not fussy. While I prefer white meat like fish and chicken, if someone has prepared something I will have it. If I'm cooking for myself, I'll prepare vegetables or something quick and easy; I ain't no chef. I have no complex about food; been there, done that.

In the book "The Secret Science Behind Miracles," Max Freedom Long writes about the Huna principles. According to Huna psychology, man has three selves or minds. There is the "uhane," or "middle self" that makes one conscious of one’s existence and allows one to reason. There is the "unihipili," or "low self" that is below the level of the conscious mind, which is popularly called the subconscious mind. It is the subconscious mind that one has to convince when one wants to acquire new habits. There is a third mind, that is called the "Aumakua" or the "High Self" or superconscious mind. The High Self is like a "parental spirit" or guardian angel which will only give help when requested. All the selves have an important part to play. When all three are harmonious we experience what others would consider to be "miracles."

In the same book, Long describes a man who has learned to call upon his High Self to help him restore his health, heal his disabled daughter, and help him prosper in his career. Once, he is given a nude photograph by a friend, which he considers to be artistic. When he tries to call on his High Self, there is no response. The man realises that a part of him has a guilt complex about the nude photo, and that part is stopping him from calling on his High Self. After the man has returned the photo back to his friend, he is able to connect to his High Self.

You know it intellectually that God doesn't judge, and yet you still cannot experience God's love as your reality. Is it possible that your guilt complexes are blocking you from experiencing God? How does one get rid of one's complexes?

Personally, I pay no attention to the morality of men that changes from one day to the next. Nor do I feel it is necessary for me to right all my past wrongs. I know that there is only God. I also know that only God is good. God doesn't judge someone's behaviour. God is not affected by man’s ideas of right and wrong. I also know that God is accessible to everyone whether you think of yourself a saint or sinner. I certainly am no saint.

Who needs to have a guilt complex when you can have God?

Enocia