Thursday, December 15, 2005

How Lovely to Be Proven Wrong!

Two days ago, a woman bus driver I've seen lots of times before came on my bus. She said hello and sat beside me. It turned out she knew the man on the other seat. She explained to me that the man was an old friend from school from over 20 years ago.

"Wow, how amazing!" I said. "I don't know anyone from school. I don't even know anyone from college."

This morning when I arrived at the library it was still closed. Instead of hanging around, I decided to check out a local cosmetics shop a friend had recommended. As I walked down this road a woman walking towards me called my name. She was an old friend from college. What a lovely surprise!

The last time I saw her was ten years ago at our graduation ceremony. She said she was now training as an occupational therapist at the local hospital just up the road. It's funny how we've been coming to the same area and never met before. We had a chat and exchanged contact details. She even gave me the email address of another college friend who now lives in Australia.

As for the shop I wanted, it was closed.

It's so good to be proven wrong about not knowing any of my college friends. Rekindling friendships is only a thought away.

With love,
Enocia