Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Living God

For quite a while now I have been straddling two realities: there is the reality where I am observing the world in silence. I find that I cannot judge when I have no thoughts. As for the second, the best way to describe it is through a couple of experiences.

The other day I was in bookshop and I had a thought that "God is all there is," and bam, I lost all sense of my body; I didn't know where the body started or where the books on the shelves ended. I felt huge and soft at the same time. It was like I was everywhere.

Last night I had difficulty getting to sleep. I could feel aches and pains all over. I thought "God is all there is" and again, I lost all sense of myself as having a body. I already know that I am Spirit but this is different. I felt, what I can only describe as, a "cloud" descend on me; or it could have been I was raised into the "cloud." I call it a "cloud" because it feels very tangible, a presence that I consider to be the Living God. I felt like I was being embraced in this "cloud" and was ever so blissful.

While I feel peace, blissful even, in silence, this peace is far more superior. This peace is alive. Paul describes this peace as "the peace of God, which passeth all understanding." (Philippians 4: 7).

I didn't need to sleep. I just lay there enjoying the "cloud's" embrace.

And another thing, though I felt myself at one with the Presence, I was able to think without losing any awareness of being at one with the Presence.

For me, the Living God proves that none of my spiritual practices and understanding make one iota of difference; I can be caught in the "cloud" while I am in silence or thinking to my heart's content. All I have to do is acknowledge Its Presence. It only takes a minute or two and the Presence takes over.

When you can feel the Living God as a tangible presence everywhere, there is no need to worry about a thing.

I will share more of my experiences of the "cloud" as they unfold.

With love,
Enocia