Friday, December 23, 2005

Living in the Moment

So my bus arrives at the stop. It's only going part of my journey and it is packed full. I'm going to wait for the next one.

People are pushing one another trying to get on the bus, as if it's the only bus available. I can see another bus approaching; it’s seconds away, and it's going where I want to go. Yet people are too busy fighting to get on the packed bus.

I'm left standing with another passenger. He points out to me that another bus is right behind. "It looks empty too," he says.

"I know," I say. "I can't believe those passengers couldn't see the bus behind."

The bus arrives and I find myself a seat.

If that's what it's like living in the moment, I'd rather pass, thank you.

With love,
Enocia

Related article: Are You Living in a Blinkered or Open Now?