Monday, December 12, 2005

What You Believe is Possible is What is Possible for You

Last night my mother and I watched the evangelist, Peter Popoff on television; which has people giving testimonies about healing and financial miracles they have received after they using the miracle spring water.

"I'm really puzzled about something."I said to mum. "If these people are having healing miracles and financial deliverance, how come God isn't making them completely whole?"

"What do you mean?" mum said.

"I mean, how come they still look old. Couldn't they ask God for their youth to be restored? Is this the best God can do?"

"I don't think these people think the way you do," mum said, "otherwise, religious leaders wouldn't age and die."

"I guess most Christians are so focused on life after death, it doesn't occur to them that they can have that life now."

Mum agreed.

Call me blinkered, but why would I want to wait for life when I can have the fullness of life now? According to the scriptures, Jesus says

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)
I would have thought this means abundant life now, which includes radiant health, being ageless, and just living life to the full now, not having to wait till some future time.

The way I see it, there is no death, there is only life. I am 100% having life right here and right now. When I am no longer in form I am formless light, which is still eternal life.

It seems to me that what we believe is possible is what we have as our experiences. As I am only focused on living life now, it is in my own best interest to open myself up to all possible realities now. God, who can dissolve a "terminal disease" in an instant, can surely make one look and feel ageless.

All things are possible NOW.

Enocia