Monday, January 23, 2006

A Love Shared is a Love Shared

Yesterday evening I was browsing in a bookshop. They started playing compilations from Michael Jackson's albums. There are some of his albums I love such as "Off the Wall", "Thriller", and "Bad." There was a time when I couldn't get to sleep without listening to the "Off the Wall" album. It felt like a love connection. I'm not too keen on the others. I decided I would listen to the songs from the albums I love and then mentally switch off.

I noticed that as soon as the song started for the later albums they stopped it. Then they started playing the album from scratch. I was curious about this so I went to the information desk to ask what was going on.

"Are you the one playing the Michael Jackson album?"

"Yes," he said with hesitation. "Why?"

"I was just thinking how much I love Michael Jackson's first three albums and not too keen on the others," I said. "I noticed you didn't play songs from his later albums."

"That's because the rest of them are crap!"

I wouldn't have put it that tactfully, but I could understand where he was coming from.

Also, while I was listening to the songs, I had a thought that nowadays people are taking the piss dumping magazines on chairs and not returning them to the shelf. I made a mental note to return the books I was browsing back where I had found them. The next thing I knew an announcement came on requesting customers to please return magazines and books back to the shelf. They made another announcement later.

Blimey! We really are sharing the one Love!

With love,
Enocia