Friday, January 20, 2006

To Eat or Not To Eat?

Yesterday evening, I had a thought that I hadn't eaten anything all day. Then I remembered I had a bowl of Weetabix (breakfast cereal) earlier.

It got me thinking: "What's the difference between forgetting that I have eaten and forgetting that I haven't eaten?"

See, I sometimes forget after I've eaten something. I look at my stomach and it doesn't show any evidence of having had any food. Memory loss comes in very handy when I'm gorging on chocolate. I have had six bars in a row at one sitting.

There are times when I forget that I haven't eaten and can go for long periods without any food. Hmmm! I wonder if this has something to do with why I haven't had any desire for chocolate in 4 days; this is a tad worrying.

To eat or not to eat?

It really makes no difference. I eat and stay the same; I don't eat and stay the same. Food neither makes me gain nor lose weight, unless I believe it does.

Why do I eat?

Out of habit and because it's fun.

Enocia

Related articles: The Lost Art of Forgetting; To Remember is to Forget