Thursday, January 26, 2006

What's the Magic Word?

A child says to his mother: "Can I have some chocolate?"
"What's the magic word?" his mother says.
"Now?"
"No, it's please."

After the child has been given the chocolate his mother says, "What do you say?"
"More?"
"No, thank you."

Well, most of us have gone through this programming. You learn to say "please" and "thank you," or you go without.

While the words "please" and "thank you" can help you get what you want, I believe the real magic word is "love." I'm not just talking about the word but the feeling.

It is Love that brought the world into being. I believe we are here to live as our real Self that is Love. While we are here to be love the irony is that we are also here to love what we love. Put another way, I am here to experience life from my perspective loving what I love.

I have observed that what I love is drawn to me like a magnet. How it happens is beyond human understanding; Love has His own ways. I have also observed that I can't fool Love meaning I can't pretend to love what I don't love. For instance, I love Vimto, Weetabix and chocolate; but I don't love avocado. When I am loving what I love I'm being true to myself.

Yesterday, I wrote in a forum about accents. I said while I love accents there is something about the Italian language or people who speak with Italian accents that appeals to me. I could listen to Italian all day. Later in the evening, my mother and I watched a film called Johnny English. I thought because it was a secret agent spoof with Rowan Atkinson, I would love it. After watching it for a few minutes I wasn't impressed. I just wasn't feeling the love. So I left my mother to it and went to have a bath. When I finished having a bath, I saw my mother had abandoned the film for The Godfather that was being shown on the other channel. I started watching it after Michael Carleone had carried out his first hit and was sent to Sicily to cool off. In one scene, Michael was trying to get permission from a girl's father so he could take her out. They were speaking in Italian. I was entranced. Mama mia! It didn't matter to me what they were saying, I just loved how they were saying it. After that scene, I fell sleep. Besides, I had had my Italian fix.

Many people pooh-pooh reality TV shows. I can't say I love all of them but the ones I have enjoyed have had something special. The last one I watched was Soapstar Superstar, where a group of soap stars were competing in a singing contest for the coveted title. The winner, Richard, was so talented he could sing any song. The judges were amazed how someone so young, (17 I believe), could be so talented. It's not one's age but how open one is to be or feel love. Richard talked about how much he loved playing the piano, his guitar and music. For Richard, it was not just a career but a way of life. And the viewers mirrored his love back by making him the winner.

Each of us has been given the same gift: love. The more you love the more that is mirrored back to you. Life is that simple.

"Can I have some chocolate?"
"What's the magic word?"
"I would love some chocolate."
"You've got it."

All my love,
Enocia

Related articles: A Love Shared is a Love Shared; What You Love, Loves You Back